- New, Bigger 518cc Engine: We gave the FourTrax Foreman Rubicon a bigger engine this year, thanks to a 4mm increase in bore size. The result? More horsepower, more torque, and better overall performance. The increased power also gives your Rubicon better hill-climbing ability.
- New Electric Reverse: Available on our Automatic DCT models, this single lever is a big improvement when it comes to convenience and ease of operation. It's especially useful when you have to shift from forward to reverse repeatedly, like when you're plowing snow.
- New 1.9-liter Front Utility Box: The perfect size for small items you want to access quickly—like a cell phone, GPS, or a spare pair of gloves.
- New Front and Rear Cargo Racks: The Rubicon's racks feature strong, steel construction, but now they include a larger flat area. Better yet, they're designed to integrate with our new Honda Pro-Connect™ system. You can quickly attach and detach accessories like our cargo boxes, without tools, for added flexibility and convenience.
- Wider Front Driveshaft Guards: Designed to add even more coverage to the Rubicon's front axles and outboard CV joints, the new guards are another example of how Honda engineers strive to constantly keep improving one of the best ATVs on the planet.
- New Front Grille: One of the reasons the new 2020 Rubicon looks better than ever is the new grille styling.
- TraxLok: Honda's TraxLok 2WD/4WD system offers 2WD, 4WD, and 4WD mode with locking front differential to optimize traction. TraxLok also incorporates a Speed Override mode that can be engaged when the front differential is locked, allowing increased wheel speed under severe conditions such as deep mud.
- Ultra Comfortable Seat: For all-day ride comfort the Rubicon's seat features thick foam and a seat cover with a grippier texture. It's one of the best seats we've ever engineered for an ATV.
- Electric Power Steering (EPS): Both speed- and torque-sensitive, Honda's Electric Power Steering (on Rubicon EPS models) excels at reducing steering effort and kickback through the handlebar. It's a big help when riding in ruts, over rocks or on long side hills. A specially engineered mounting system for the EPS unit increases strength and rigidity.
- Front & Rear Preload Adjustable Suspension: Preload adjustable shocks allow you to optimize suspension performance for various load conditions.
- Alternator Output: Thanks to the neodymium-magnet stator design, the powerful alternator produces sufficient amount of electricity, so you can run more Honda Accessories.
- Transmission Choices: Automatic DCT or Manual: Strong internals, smooth shift mapping, excellent control, true compression-braking capability and an automatic program that upshifts and downshifts while you concentrate on riding—the Honda automatic dual-clutch transmission has it all, including a low range transmission—a Honda exclusive in an IRS machine. Or opt for a rugged conventional-type manual ATV gearbox.
- Longitudinal Engine Layout: By orienting the crankshaft front to back in the chassis in our ATV and side-by-side engines, we route the flow of power straight to the wheels without any unnecessary right-angle detours, reducing powertrain friction and putting more grunt to the ground.
- Independent Rear Suspension: The Rubicon's Independent Rear Suspension (IRS) returns two big benefits: First, it helps ensure constant tire contact with the ground for superior traction; second, it gives you a smooth ride over rough terrain, so you don't get beat up on the trail.
- Rack Capacity: The Rubicon has sporty, strong steel racks: Front rack capacity is a full 99 pounds, and the rear rack can hold up to a whopping 187 pounds. Multiple tie-down points also make it easier than ever to secure your loads.
- Towing Capacity: Got a tough job to tackle? No problem—the Rubicon is up to the task. With a towing capacity that's over 1300 pounds, the Rubicon can really pull a load.
- Maxxis Tires: Designed to work perfectly with the Rubicon's Independent Rear Suspension, the Maxxis tires feature an aggressive tread pattern for excellent traction in mud, sand and rocky terrain.
- Dual-Range Drive/Low Shifter: Like a full-sized four-wheel-drive truck, Rubicon DCT models feature a drive/low range in its gearbox, so you can choose the perfect gear for crawling over technical terrain, pulling heavy loads or cruising on smoother trails.
- Inboard Rear Disc Brake: Tucked up out of harm's way, the Rubicon's inboard disc brake reduces unsprung weight and offers improved ground clearance.
- Parking Brake: Mounted up on the left handlebar, the Rubicon's parking brake lever is tough, simple and easy to use.
- Digital Display with Maintenance Minder: Digital meter display includes a Maintenance Minder system that signals when it's time for service. Other functions include trip odometer, hour meter, gear-position indicator, fuel gauge, clock, and 2WD/4WD.
- Styling: Our Foreman Rubicon bodywork still gives these ATVs a tough look that's designed to last, shrugging off the scrapes and dings of the job or the woods. But now they look even better, with new color choices, crisp, bold lines and powerful, all-new graphics that really make a statement.
- Engine Type: 518cc liquid-cooled OHV longitudinally mounted single-cylinder four-stroke engine
- Bore And Stroke: 96.0mm x 71.5mm
- Induction: PGM-FI
- Ignition: Full transistorized ignition
- Starter: Electric with optional auxiliary recoil
- Clutch: Automatic
- Transmission: Five-speed manual with reverse
- Driveline: Direct front and rear driveshafts with TraxLok® and locking front differential
Chassis / Suspension / Brakes
- Front Suspension: Independent double-wishbone; 7.28 inches of travel
- Rear Suspension: Independent dual-arm; 8.46 inches of travel
- Front Brakes: 190mm hydraulic discs
- Rear Brakes: 170mm hydraulic disc
- Front Tires: 25 x 8-12
- Rear Tires: 25 x 10-12
- Width: 47.4 inches
- Length: 84.5 inches
- Height: 48.6 inches
- Wheelbase: 51.0 inches
- Seat Height: 35.8 inches
- Ground Clearance: 9.4 inches
- Curb Weight: 700 pounds (includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel-ready to ride)
- Fuel Capacity: 3.9 gallons, including 1.3-gallon reserve
- Towing Capacity: 1322 pounds
- Model ID: TRX520FM6
- Emissions: Meets current EPA and CARB (California) off-road emissions standards.
- Available Colors: Red, Matte Molasses Brown
- Note: No operator under age 16. Honda recommends that all ATV riders take a training course and read their owner's manual thoroughly.
Factory Warranty Information
- One Year: Transferable limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.